an animal’s enclosure isn’t proper unless it makes you wish you were that animal so you could play in it
Small Pets Are Not Toys
- Never buy an animal on impulse. You are toying with life.
- Store bought cages are very, very rarely large enough for your pet
- Never give a small pet to a child as a gift.
- Never leave a small child alone with a small pet.
- Fish do not belong in fish bowls.
- rabbits do not belong in cages.
- store bought bird cages are too small for any bird larger than a finch.
- chinchillas and rabbits live from 8 to 14 years.
- Some reptiles will only eat live feed. Are you prepared for that?
- Small rodents and rabbits can die of heart attacks when scared. Do you have a quiet home for your new pet?
- adopt when possible.
My new Crowntail Beta and his BIGGER home (I hate those little cups they put em in. They can barely turn around!).
He’s a early b’day present from me to me, lol.
His name is Mysteria. :3
He is gorgeous! And I agree on the cups, they are horrible. I’m not sure how big his current home is but it may unfortunately still be too small. Bettas are tropical fish that need a heated, filtered aquarium, preferably at least 5 gallons. Without a heater, they will become lethargic and their livespan is drastically shortened. Without a filter, the tank has to be cleaned out very often to prevent ammonia from building up and hurting the fish.
They also really like lots of soft plants in their aquarium, as they love hiding and sleeping on big leaves.
Hope you’ll consider an aquarium setup! If you’re worried about costs, 5 gallon tanks are often very cheap used. Your betta will thank you!
Wow! He’s so bright!
"This isn’t food…"
Little cutie patootie Salvador!!
I love how you planted this with the big leaves and the plants spread nicely throughout the tank. Bettas love super dense vegetation!
Me practicing my big speech in my fancy dress to win tea club some budget.
In case any of you were wondering what one of the things that keeps me busy in life is! This is my battle armor to fight for tea club’s budget. Cause they wanna fight me because they don’t like putting money into consumable items, but I mean. We’re Tea Club. Like.
Also this is the first good picture(s) of myself I’ve ever put on this blog!